USER INTERVIEW: Kaje
All our users have voices to be heard and stories to tell – and this is finally the time to start introducing you to our community members. There are dozens of small groups, communities, games and projects hiding below the surface and we want to give them some exposure. Our seventh amazing user to interview is @Kaje – the drummer of Hollowood, an amazing guy we’ve been talking to a lot recently!
1. Hey there Kaje! Please introduce yourself to the community, tell us a little bit more about yourself!
Hi there guys, hi there! I’m Brazilian, 23 and I’m a drummer/biologist/cat addict! And that pretty much sums it up. I also play in a band, so give it a listen – we’re sharing our stuff at hollowood.bandcamp.com, ad time, really sorry, hahaha!
2. Staccato questions about music!
- What’s the furthest you’ve gone to a gig..?
Well, not far. I never left the city (São Paulo) for a concert, I just waited till it came nearby, but when toe announced they’d be going to Chile for a SINGLE concert, (which was cancelled later) I was starting to save some money for the trip.
- Has music ever made you a friend?
Yes. Most of my friends nowadays are music contacts. In fact, my usual hangout-group is 90% made of people who listen/ed to Asian Kung-gu Generation!
- When were you last disappointed with a musician?
DISAPPOINTED, as a really bad thing, I must say it was when I heard an interview from the Creed vocalist (his name is not of interest to me) saying he was better than Eddie Vedder when asked about why people compared their voices so much (I was young at the time I heard this, so sorry for any mistakes I might have made :D)
- Have you ever written/been written a song?
Yeah, even though I just bang the drums, sometimes I get to write something down as bits or parts or a whole music. But none for me, though.
- When was the last time you cried over music?
I think last week, listening to Sigur Rós. Crying as for ‘boohoo, so sad I am with these lyrics that remember me of something’. I could say it’s been some months, but just for the chill and thrill, last week it is.
- What are the bands, musicians, genres that you’ve taken with you as a family heritage?
If this is about what my son will have as my heritage, I can say mostly Music.. I could specify everything but in the end it’s all about the vibrations. Be it jazz, rock, pop, eletronic, rap, blues, whatever. Limitations are anti-evolution.
3. What’s your best story that relates to one specific piece of music (and what would that be)?
Hmmm. I guess this song (below) has some deep meaning to me. At the time this started to make sense in my heart I had a girlfriend and I was ensnared by the so called love (actually it was a mix of pity from our both selves) and I spent more than a year losing contact with friends, band, work pals and even family, at the point I almost got sent away of my house for being a naughty lil’ boy.
There is a manga work from Inio Asano that correlates with this song, dealing with feelings, usual day-by-day life and the struggles of a couple and friends. And this has made me realize how much I’ve lost in every part of myself. I see much in the
‘Perhaps if I’d taken that chance,
if I could go back to that day
But I’ll never be that person again’
part of this song. The end. Sorry if it’s not that entertaing, but here it is.
4. Can you share a playlist with us of your favourite stuff? (YouTube, Spotify, anything goes! If so, what’s there to know about that playlist?)
Well, I can! I could just put my last.fm profile here but I haven’t used the plugin for months, so it’s outdated. There’s not much to know about these songs, just that I find them to be awesome enough to make me fall in love every time I hear’em.
Ah f it, I could flood this page with music! I usually post my stuff here.
5. Recommend us some new platforms or ways to find new music on!
Well, I have yet to find something as good as the sidebar from youtube to find music. But, not trying to be nice. This place here on Tastebuds is a good place to find new music. (:
6. What are 3 AMAZING non-music works of art that you’ve digested recently? (Books, films, fashion, anything!)
Ah, I’m so outdated at this stuff too. Well. Skyrim is a piece of art. So it counts. I lack the other 2, my bad, guys. Maybe Takashi Matsuoka’s Autumn Bridge. Excellent sequel to another excellent book (Cloud of Sparrows). And, If you guys really want a third item, please try reading something from Naoki Urasawa (Monster or 20th Century Boys). They’re masterpieces.
7. Where and how does music and your professional life intertwine?
At the point where music makes me want to endure life’s agression towards my tired little Japanese working self. Music is morphine. Morphine‘s an awesome band too. Check them out if you haven’t already.
8. This game came up at the April Tastebuds meetup – at a table of six which musicians would be your ideal drinking buddies? (Could be alive, dead or even undead!)
Let us see. Counting myself as one of them six and not the waterboy, I’d call up Criolo (Brazillian MC), Takashi Kashikura (toe’s drummer), Steve Padin (Reign of Kindo’s drummer), Seba Jun (Nujabes) and Buddy Rich. (:
9. How did you find Tastebuds and what do you like most about it?
My friend pointed me this page out to me so I decided to give it a try, and here I am replying to stuff, hahahaha. I really enjoy the actually succesful mix between music and friend-network. With the improvements being established it’s becoming easier and easier to break the ice and meet up cool people with similar (or not) tastes, even near my ‘crib’!
10. Which Tastebuds user should we make the next mini-interview with and why? Can you give them two new questions to reply to?
Actually, I think my RL friend of mine MarcoMiyoshi would love these questions!
Thanks for the interview, Kaje – wishing you all the more maths/progressive rock and an exclusive toe gig ending up in your bedroom! ROCK ON!
Join Tastebuds and meet people through music
Tastebuds connects you with people in your city who share your taste in music. Simply add your favourite music and start meeting new people!See your music matches